Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Small "Be Still" Project

On a recent and beautifully clear Sunday afternoon, my creative side was hopping.  I had "pinned" the picture below on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.  This pin totally goes with my word for the year, "Still."  I am finding out the hard way that choosing this word might have been asking to be taught a lesson.  A BIG lesson. More on that later.  

Kristen and I had purchased the supplies ahead of time in anticipation that as soon as my arm felt better then I would be ready to create.



I went to work with the instructions, that she gave on the website from the pin, and worked my magic. If you know me at all then you know that is the funniest thing that I have ever said in my life.  This is the first "work of art" that I've ever done. Ever! 

I started with a canvas. You can get two in a pack at Michael's for around $10.00.  I chose two colors of paint, blue and white, wooden memoir letters, white spray paint, wood glue (thanks James), foam paint brushes and q-tips. (I'm telling you, this artist brought our her best supplies. You can laugh now.)

I glued the letters on the canvas, waited for them to dry, then spray painted the entire canvas with white spray paint. 


Then I started with my paint by squeezing some onto a paper plate  (Carrie South, if by chance you see this post, please don't judge.)


I then started the process of painting. Oh dear.


I started with the dark blue and then started adding in a little white.








And the finished product!




A daily reminder, before I leave the house, that God is in control of everything that comes my way. I just have to be "still" and let Him control the winds and waves.


Psalm 46:10

"Be still and know that I am God."

Until we meet again, Fifi


Are you an artist?  Did you choose a special word this year?  I would love to hear your comments. Please let me know what your think by leaving your comment below.




No comments: