Saturday, March 1, 2014

Ready for Inspection



As most of you probably know I love a good DIY project.  There have been times when I've awaken on Saturday morning and said we should do this or that, and we would jump right in and start. I'm talking everything from spray painting a lamp to tearing down a wall.  We are actually in the middle of one now. I hope to show it to you soon. Some projects require an inspection. If you build a room onto your house you have to go through proper channels. You call the city and your builder, or you, perhaps, must get a permit and then get inspections throughout the process. The structure, foundation, plumbing, electrical all have to be inspected. You don't want your electrical work to start a fire, or your roof to cave in.  This inspection process protects you and those living or visiting in your home from danger.  It also keeps contractors from doing improper work in your home.

Maybe our hearts should get inspections as well.  I had never really thought about this until last week. Our pastor was speaking on the Lord's return in I Thessalonians 4. He said, "Are there any rooms in my heart that need to be readied for inspection?"  If I know the building inspector is coming, I make sure my electrical or plumbing meets the code that has been set by my city.  If I know that my Lord is returning I should be making sure that my heart meets code. Right? Are there issues in my heart that are keeping me from being what I need to be for the Lord.  Is there a "short" in my electrical system? Am I hot headed and short tempered?  What about leaks? Am I leaking information and gossiping and spreading rumors and lies or just "passing on information" when the right thing to do would  be to remain silent? What about my foundation?  Is it strong? Am I sharing the Gospel with as many people as I can? The Lord's return may be near and the time short.  If the rooms of my heart were inspected now would they pass inspection or would they fail?  What about your heart?  Is your heart ready for inspection?

I Thessalonians 4:16-17  For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Until we meet again,  Fifi

You can watch our church services live at 10:45 on Sunday mornings and 6:00 on Sunday evenings at http://gbcws.com/   We would love to have you visit as well.




No comments: