Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Let Me Be Singing

Hello sweet friends.

One of my favorite songs is "Ten Thousand Reasons" by Matt Redman and my favorite phrase in the entire song is “Whatever may pass or whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes.”  When we wake up in the morning we have no idea what we may be asked to face in the day ahead of us.  We do know that we can face whatever lies before us because of our faith in Jesus. 

This past week our family had one of those moments. I didn’t know when I wrote last week’s post that I was writing that post for us.  I usually write to encourage you. Last Thursday night was an exception.  When we woke up Friday morning, we had no idea what we would be asked to face by Friday afternoon and on into Sunday. My precious father in law, Pa Bennie, as he is affectionately called, has been having a health problem for several months, seemingly without any solution. A couple of weeks ago the doctors finally decided to start running tests to determine the reason behind the symptoms. On Friday the results of those tests came back with a diagnosis no one ever wants to hear. Surgery was scheduled for Monday and we all jumped on the emotional roller coaster ride of our lives.  You get a plan. Reschedule this. Drop this. Cancel that. Life stops all around you and your main focus is on this one thing.  Stopping “it” in its tracks.  You become consumed with it. You feel pummeled by it. Your every waking moment is used up. Processing and praying. You just don’t want it to be true.  Then a call comes on Sunday afternoon from the doctor. The preliminary pathology report is in. It isn’t quite as first reported and can be treated without surgery but with treatments instead. Praise the Lord for answered prayer!   And now we wait for the final pathology report and the next step.

Trials in life happen. They happen to all of us. They can make us stronger in our faith or they can weaken us. We  have His song in our hearts. We can sing!  Lord, let me be singing when the evening comes. Help my faith be this strong!  Help my faith be stronger than my worry!!! I have said this many times over the last few weeks. This is my new motto when things start getting tough. “Help my faith be stronger than my worry.” Is your faith stronger than your worry?


I Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon Him; for He cares for you.

With love from  my heart,  Fifi

No comments: