Thursday, January 22, 2015

"Where Are They Now?"

As I wrote this post, I was listening to my little brood, giggling and marathon watching old reruns of reality shows they used to watch years ago when they were teenagers. Brad and Kayla were here for Christmas and when they are in town, Kristen is "in town." She moves back in and they are all "here."  It's great and I love having a full house.

I began to notice a pattern as they were watching their shows.  As an episode would end they would Google the people to find out "where are they now." I started thinking to myself. It's always dangerous when I start thinking, but bear with me a second. They do this for child actors and stars all the time.  The Brady Bunch, The Partridge Family, Boy Meets World, Saved By the Bell, etc.  What if we did this for general, everyday people.  Would it be something that we would want people to see? As I was thinking through this process, I was reminded of a funeral service that I attended and provided music for recently.  Pastor Sears was speaking and my heart was blessed to hear all of the wonderful things about this precious lady. Things about how she had lived her life before God and her family and friends. As I sat there listening, I thought to myself, what will someone say about me someday?  I mentioned this to another lady that was there and she said that she had the very same thought.

Where is Felicia now?  Is she making millions of dollars? Is she in a foreign country feeding the hungry? Does she go straight to work and back home again every day, day in and day out? Does she party all day and every weekend with nothing to show for her life but a good time?   What good has she done? Did she make a difference in someone's life? Does she live her life in a way that is acceptable to God? If someone put our life up on a screen in front of everyone with a headline that read "Where Are They Now"  would we be able to  look at it and say that we made our life count for something?  What will someone say about you someday?  You know, it's never too late to write your story.

I saw this on a website http://spiritualinspiration.tumblr.com/ and I thought it was very appropriate for this post.

You are not too dirty for God to cleanse.
You are not too broken for God to fix.
You are not too far for God to reach.
You are not too guilty for God to forgive
And you are not too worthless for God to love.
Anonymous
(I've tried to find the author. If you know who it is, please let me know and I will give credit where credit is due.)

Until we meet again,  Fifi

No comments: