Sunday, March 8, 2015

"Silver Liquid Rain Drops"

The transition to silver has begun. This is my before photo.  My base color was brown with a reddish tint. My roots were maybe a quarter of an inch this morning.



I had a hair appointment on Friday with my precious hair dresser, Morgan at Ego Hour.   Love her!!! Going to Morgan isn't just a hair appointment.  It's a therapy session for me.  She is amazing!  My Aunt Sonja was my hair dresser for over 30 years.  After she retired I needed to find a new stylist and Morgan was a perfect fit for me.  If you are looking for a hairdresser you should make an appointment today.  If you are ready to transition to your natural color and your hairdresser makes statements like "You will look ten years older," "Your gray won't be a pretty gray," or  "No we can't do that" then find another hairdresser.  Do some research ladies.  Silver is in!!! Even young women are dyeing their hair silver.  Seriously!  Research it.  There are tons of pictures and blogs on this topic.  Check out my Pinterest page. Fif's Hair/Makeup  I've been pinning hair styles like crazy.  There is no wrong color of gray. I had a lady comment on my last post and she said  "No need to worry about the perfect "shade" for my skin because God is my hairdresser and he is a perfectionist."  How true that statement is. God makes no mistakes. I don't know why we think we could do a better job.  Funny huh?  We are so silly...


Ok Now on to the "process."  Here we are in the "processing" phase.  We decided to phase into the silver in a kind and gentle way.  I didn't want to let the roots grow out a quarter of an inch at a time and have two "levels" of or definitive lines of hair color.  We think by the end of the year I should be down to one color. My natural color. Phasing out the old bottle color, phasing in the new natural color.




                                          Before                                                                             After


My next appointment is in six weeks.  I will be even lighter after that appointment.  Any of you ready to jump in yet?

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby."  Langston Hughes

Until we meet again,  Fifi

No comments: