Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Favorite Things

It's the most wonderful time of the year! No, not Christmas. Fall! Well it's the most wonderful time of the year for me anyway.  I thought I would list some of the reasons why:

1. There is that change in the air. No other seasonal change is like Fall.
2. James and I celebrate our anniversary in October.
3. Our second child was born in October.
4. Our church celebrates it's Homecoming/Anniversary in October.
5. The Dixie Classic Fair is in October. (Nothing like the smell of that food.)
6. Chicken Stews are in October. (I'm not fond of chicken stew personally, but the social part can't be beat)
7. The colors of the leaves on the trees.
8. Thanksgiving
9. Festivals
10. Apple Desserts.  Did I mention Apple Desserts???
11. Coffee just tastes better when it's cool outside. It does!!!
12. First wood stove fire.
13. Sweaters and Boots



14.Chili Beans
15 Bon Fires
16.  Smores
17.  Motorcycle rides with friends on the Blue Ridge Parkway.


Those are just a few of the reasons I love this time of year.  Are some of these your favorites too?

Take some time to get together with those you love.  We aren't guaranteed tomorrow.   In the words of a former basketball coach of my son, "make a memory."

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."

Until we meet again,

Felicia


No comments: