Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Grace - Where's The Topping?



It seems like lately that I'm getting more and more "forgetful."  I know, here comes all the old people jokes. But really, seriously forgetful.  Having too much on my mind forgetful.  For instance, not turning on the music at the recent Rehearsal Dinner for our son's wedding.  Or, getting in the car and driving half way to work before realizing it's Saturday and I'm not going to work, I'm going to my daughter's house. (Her house is in the same direction. I just didn't turn on her road.) Or totally forgetting a doctor appointment. I mean it wasn't even on the radar.  Or Sunday, I forgot to put the topping on the fresh apple crisp. James took it out of the oven and brought it to the dining room and Brad asked, "where's the topping" and I just looked at the dish of baked apples and said, Topping????  Hahaha!!!  This is baked apples."  We all laughed about it but I felt terrible.  The topping is his favorite part of that particular dessert.  I'm not sure why I didn't remember.  I've been making this dessert for years.  Again, I guess I have too much on my mind.  Too many things to do, too many things to worry about. Not enough time for this or that. Well in my mind's calendar anyway.

Then I'm reminded....reminded of why this is happening. Why? Because I'm trying to do all of these things. All of this stuff. I'm trying to do it all on my own.  Why do I continually do this?  LOL Because I forget.  I forget to let go and let God handle all of the emotional turmoil and upheaval.  I forget to ask others to help me until it's too late to ask or just say no.  So I just say "I will just do it myself because it's easier that way anyway." (I had great training in that department.) Then my wagon is full and running over and that's when the forgetfulness starts.   The one thing that gets on my nerves about other people is the thing that bothers me most about me. Is it that way with you too or is it just me?

So...this is a great time to try something new. Right? Why not? Everything else is topsy turvy in my life right now so what's one more thing.  I'm going to try really hard to let go.  Let go of the emotional things that are out of my control anyway.  God has control over those things.  Why try to "fix" it when I have a Savior who is very capable of handling any and everything that comes my way.  I will try to delegate or just say "No" when I know in my heart that I just can't do anything else. I may not master this new plan, but certainly it can't get worse. Can it?   Don't answer that!!!!

Do you struggle with these things as well? Leave a comment.  Maybe we can help each other. And please, feel free to share my blog with your friends.

I Peter 5:7  Casting all your care on Him, for He cares for you.

Until we meet again,

Fifi







No comments: