Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Rescue Me


In October, it will be a year since our beloved Boxer, Macy, passed away. She was six months old when she came to live with us and was a part of our family for 12 years.  She came into our home needing someone who would love and care for her. She had never had that. Macy wasn't the most beautiful Boxer you've ever seen, but to us she was gorgeous.  Being rescued from a life of abuse and a dog fighting ring, she had scars and wounds that were visible but the scars your couldn't see, the ones on the inside were much more prominent. She considered us her family and instantly became very protective of us. If you planned to come into our house you had better call first or patiently wait at the door before entering.  Sharon, my best friend, was the only other person that Macy would allow into the "inner circle" but outside the five of us, you were a threat.  I never felt fear, when alone at home, as long as I had Macy with me.  I knew without a doubt that she would protect me to the end. She made it her mission to be on alert 24-7.   On the day that she passed, Kristen gave her a blueberry muffin (one of her favorite treats), and she passed with me by her side. Just like we had been for the last 12 years.

I can't help but think if Macy cared this much about protecting  us, how much more does God care about protecting us, His children whom He bought with a price.  He protects us from the enemy who is roaming about seeking whom he may devour. In Deuteronomy 4:24 God's word tells us that He is a jealous God. A definition of jealous on www.dictonary.com says to be jealous is to be vigilant in maintaining or guarding something. I believe that God is more vigilant in guarding me than Macy was in guarding me in our home.  I don't know about you but I can't make it without my guardian, my protector, my shield, my provider. 

I know that at times I have needed  the peace from knowing the Protector and knowing that He has me in his sights ready to step in and rescue me when I step into harms way  .Do you need to be rescued?  Do you need the peace that comes from knowing the Prince of Peace?  Do you need a guardian for your soul? Ask me how you can know Him. 

This song has been such a blessing to me. The David Crowder band sings it.  I hope you like it as well.
(there may or may not be ads before video)






If you would like to be notified of future posts, please enter your email address on the upper right hand side of the page.  

Let me know at the bottom of the page if you have any questions or comments about this or other posts.

2 comments:

Byron said...

Beautiful post. So glad to "find" you here!

Unknown said...

Welcome! So glad you did!