Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Thank You Lord"

A lot of days working in ministry is not easy.  Some days, it's just plain hard, but you keep at it. You get up every morning, you go into work and you take what the job or ministry throws at you.  Then in the midst of a hard day, the sun shines and your heart gets blessed.  Right there out of the blue.  You aren't expecting it. It just happens.  One of our pastors came back from visiting a member of our church in the hospital today.  This gentleman has dementia and is very sick and was very agitated. His wife began to sing to him. She sang "Thank you Lord for saving my soul." He then began to join in. "Thank you Lord for making me whole." Isn't it amazing?  The things of this world fade away, but those things that you've hidden in your heart, they remain.  As this wonderful gentleman began to sing, his agitation faded and he began to rest. "Thank you Lord for making me whole."  We who believe in the name of Jesus will one day be whole.

When your day is filled with agitation all around, when things are out of control, breathe His name. "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. There's just something about that name. Master, Savior, Jesus. Let all heaven and earth proclaim. Kings and kingdoms may all pass away, but there's something about that name."



The Gaither Vocal with Gloria Gaither

My mom and I used to sing this song all the time and I can still hear her singing it in my mind and heart.  She would do this recitation as well.  I still sing it when things are getting me down and are just hard. 

"Jesus, Jesus. Jesus."  Call on His name. 

With love and until we meet again.  Fifi

No comments: