Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lies of the Enemy


I read this quote on a new blog that I happened upon this past week, Gracelaced.  I decided to look up the definition of the word complacency.  The Merriam Webster definition says that complacency is a feeling of being satisfied with how things are and not wanting to try to make them better. I've been complacent in areas in my life before. Complacent in my Christian walk. I shouldn't find it amazing that complacency is right where Satan wants me. Right where I'm most ineffective.  When you and I are complacent, we are no good to to anyone, especially in our Christian walk or our calling.  We are just satisfied with the way things are, lukewarm. In Revelation Chapter 3 it says that God would rather us be hot or cold than lukewarm.  I definitely want to be in a mode of being a better Christian. I don't  want to give the enemy any more ammo than he already has. Seriously, he has enough already, right?  

So, now that we know what complacent is, how do we combat it?  We stay in God's Word, we fellowship with Him. We pray and talk to him. We stay faithful to church and to our ministries. We work at it. Yes, sometimes it is work, but we have to. We don't have a choice. This is the only life we have. We only have one chance to get it right.  I don't want my daily walk with God to be just "good enough."  I want it to be extraordinary. I want other people to see me and say I want what she has. I want to be a testimony that Christ lives within me.

Are you experiencing complacency as well?  Maybe it is at work, your health or in your Christian walk. I pray for you as well as myself, that we will work our way out of it.That "good enough" is no longer "good enough." That we will want to be extraordinary for a King who gave His all for us.  I think Psalm 143 is very fitting for this post. This is my prayer.

Until we meet again,  Fifi

Psalm 143 
Hear my prayer, O Lord, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.
And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.
For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.
Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.
I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.
Hear me speedily, O Lord: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
11 Quicken me, O Lord, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
12 And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.

No comments: