Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Grace Abounding, Always


I ran across this quote last week and shared it with some of the members of our church who aren't able to attend regularly.  I thought I would share it with you also.

Those waters scare me.  You see, I just learned to swim three years ago.  Not jump off the diving board, or off of a boat into the lake swimming. Just from point A to point B swimming.  That kind. You know hold your breath, push off, go......  Yes, a little old to be learning to swim but never too late. Right?  I have a huge fear of water.  I don't know where it came from or why it started.  It's a fear. I have it. I tried to conquer it at 49 years of age. I signed up for private lessons at the YMCA, headed out two afternoons a week for a few weeks.  I was scared to death but I was determined and I did it. I don't do very well at it nor do I think I would have a very good chance of surviving if I ended up in a precarious situation. I have the skills that I need to know to survive if I just don't panic.  I know that I don't want to drown. That's a sure thing.

Our lives are like those waters.  Our guilt, regret and sin pulls us down. Even life in general sometimes. Drowning us in despair. However, His grace is there in the deepest of those waters to pull us through and hold us up. It's like a life preserver, wrapped around us, holding onto us, keeping our noses above the water.  Those waves crashing around us, tugging at us, yet that grace is always there, always forgiving, always abounding. Thank God for His amazing grace. 

Do you find yourself "drowning" in everyday struggles? Guilt? Regret? Let His grace and mercy cover you.


Citizen Way

I hope that you experience that amazing grace. If you don't know the author of that amazing grace, Jesus, please ask me how to know Him, the grace giver.

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16


Until we meet again, Fifi

No comments: