Thursday, October 17, 2013

31 Days - A Shot in the Arm - Day 17



No....not the flu shot.  A spiritual type of shot.  A mid-week booster shot that holds you over 'til Sunday. That's what choir practice is.  It's not just a time when we come together to practice our notes and prepare the songs that we are scheduled to sing on Sunday, although that's important.  It's also a time of worship and a time of prayer.  A time of coming together corporately to get us through the rest of the week.

It is so incredible to sit in choir practice on Wednesday night and look around and see what God has done in our church. When I first started singing in the choir, at times there would be just me and maybe one or two others in the alto section on any given Sunday.  To sit in a group of altos now that number from 25 to 30 each week is such a blessing. Last night I sat and just listened to the precious voices of the people beside, in front and behind me. Each one with their own story, their own burdens. I listened to them lift their voices to God, singing "Total Praise." What a sweet release from the struggles we face day in and day out.  To come in to God's house, sit with God's people and sing "Your peace You give me, in time of the storm...You are the source of my strength, You are the strength of my life."  I'm so thankful and feel so blessed that we can come together and sing praises to the Lord and I want to take that hour and 15 minutes for granted.

What is your "shot in the arm?"

This is the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir singing "Total Praise"




Have a blessed day!


Until we meet again!
Fifi





No comments: