Friday, October 11, 2013

31 Days -A Sound in the Distance- Day 11


I heard something rumble tonight and asked my husband if it was thunder.  He said he thought maybe it was the fireworks at the Dixie Classic Fair.  I muted the TV and sat quietly and listed intently for the sound again. "Yes! That's exactly what it is." I started thinking about sounds that are familiar to fireworks in the distance; thunder, the neighbor rolling their trash to the street, the bass on a loud radio in a car, tennis shoes in the dryer, etc.  My mind then went to another sound in the distance.  One that the children of God will hear one day.  Maybe one day sooner rather than later.  It sure does seem that things are pointing toward that day. One day we will hear a trumpet sound and God will be calling us home.


"Midnight Cry" is one of my favorite songs. I especially like the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir's version. 

I Corinthians 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 

Until we meet again,

Fifi

Thank you so much for reading my blog. It means so much to me that you stop by.  If you would like to continue reading my posts, be sure to join and follow this site in the upper right hand corner. Felicia

No comments: