Thursday, October 24, 2013

31 Days - Spread Kindness - Day 23


I would like to revert away from my "continuing" story today.  James and I had an "encounter" with an individual the other night.   We went into a into a place of business that we had never been before. We were not accustomed to procedure in this particular type of  business so we were a little unsure of how the system worked. We walked up to the counter and told the gentleman that we would like to purchase a bus ticket and he, the security guard, mentioned that "she" would be back in a few minutes and that he didn't know where she went.  We said o.k. no problem.  We waited for less than a couple of minutes when he asked us what we needed.  When we didn't say the correct "words" and I'm not sure exactly what he "needed" to hear, he rolled his eyes at us. James tried again to explain to him what we needed and the gruff security guard huffed and puffed and shook his head and took our money. James commented that the man was a bundle of joy.  I said "don't get me started."

After he came back several minutes later with our bus ticket in hand, I decided to explain to him that there was no need for his rudeness. I told him this was the first time we had ever purchased a bus ticket and that we didn't know the procedure.  He started to explain all the reasons he had been rude. Poor James. He didn't know what I was going to do next. My blood pressure had to be sky high. After I finished what I had to say, I then told Mr. Security that kindness went a long a long way and we left.

I've thought about that encounter many times since Tuesday night.  So much so, that I've waited until tonight to post about it.  I don't want anyone to ever say that I was rude to them. I don't want to make someone feel dismissed and unimportant.  I'm sure that in my hurry and haste that I've probably done this before and if I have, I'm sorry.  Let me say this, you are important to God.  He loves you no matter how people treat you in public or at home. If you are on the other side of this story remember that  "a soft answer turns away wrath." Proverbs 15:1 Try to remember that you never know what a person is going through or what they have been through.


Until we meet again,

Fifi


No comments: