Wednesday, October 30, 2013

31 Days - Through the Years - Day 30



Last week, James and I celebrated 31 years of marriage.  We have been through a lot in these 31 years.  The birth of two wonderful children, lay offs, job changes, grief, loss of close friendships, broken hearts, challenges, blessings and victories.   I mentioned in a Facebook post last week that neither one of us was perfect but I didn't know of anyone else that I would rather be imperfect with. "Big Daddy" as he is affectionately know by some of our friends, is the kind of person that gives with everything he has.  He is a hard worker and a great provider.  He is faithful, trustworthy and has the most tender heart of anyone I have ever known. The heart he has for his children amazes me at times. They have such a respect for him that it brings tears to my eyes when I think about it.  He is the one they call when they need sound advice.  I'm the one they call when they need consoling and a shoulder to cry on.   His discernment with people is unbelievable and I always go to him to get his opinion and 99% of the time he is correct. He loves the Lord and is sensitive to the Lord's voice.  He has the heart of his Papa Hendrix made over.  He makes me laugh daily.  If you know him at all then you know that must be true.  This man, that the Lord chose to allow me to live my life with, is precious to my heart.  I always want to honor him and our marriage . Happy 31 years sweetie. Thank you for being who you are. I can't imagine growing old with anyone else but you.  I love you so much and pray that we have many more years together.  

I saw this on Pinterest not too long ago and thought it was very fitting for us. It's just too cute.


Until we meet again,

Fifi



No comments: