Monday, October 28, 2013

31 Days - New Mercies - Day 27


A couple came to our church several years ago to sing. The lyrics to one of the songs they sang stuck in my memory and I catch myself humming or singing it quite often.

"His mercies are new every morning.
His grace is sufficient for each brand new day.
Memories of yesterday's failures are gone.
His mercies are new as I wake with the dawn."

I'm so glad that we get a fresh start each day. I love the line that says, "memories of yesterday's failures are gone."  We all make mistakes. Say things we shouldn't say. Think things we shouldn't think but His grace and mercy is enough. I'm so thankful that I can come to him with a repentant heart, asking forgiveness and come away with a brand new start. 

Let's take this day by storm and do something for God today.  Be kind to someone. Share the joy that Jesus has placed within your heart.  Today is a brand new day!

Until we meet again,

Fifi





No comments: