Wednesday, October 16, 2013

31 Days -Good Food - Day 16

\

I love to cook. My mom started teaching me to cook when I was very young and I could cook a meal at 12-13 years of age.  I'm not afraid to try new recipes and nine out of ten times I will "tweak" a recipe to make it better. Cooking for James makes is even more fun. That man loves to eat!  We met 32 years ago today and there has only been one meal since that time that he hasn't liked. It was a crock pot recipe, shared by someone that I worked with at the time, and it really was bad. In recent years I've tried to cook more healthy meals.  Not so much fat, more clean eating. whole foods, etc. Last week I saw a picture of a meal on another blog and thought I would try it. There wasn't a recipe, just a picture.  So...I thought I would share it with you today.  


Pan seared tilapia; oven roasted garlic, purple asparagus; sauteed onions and green peas; 
and fresh tomatoes.

If you read my blog yesterday, you know that I love things from my grandparents. The glass on the table and the scale in the window both belonged to my Mawmaw Smith.

(Purple asparagus seems to have a sweeter taste than regular. Just for the record, when you cook purple asparagus, most of the purple fades. )


I Corinthians 10:31
So whether ye eat or drink, or whatever ye do, do all to the glory of God.





No comments: